LRS - OFFICIAL WASTE HAULER OF THE VILLAGE OF MONTGOMERY
LRS Recycling (LRS) is proud to be the exclusive service provider for collecting and adequately collecting or recycling garbage, recycling, yard waste, electronic waste, and household hazardous waste services for Village of Montgomery residents. Lakeshore Recycling Systems (LRS). LRS is a privately owned company headquartered in Rosemont, IL.
LRS provides Home Collection Service for Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and Electronic Waste (E-Waste). These are two separate collections, offered at different times throughout the year. Requests are required for these unique collections. There are no additional charges for these services. Use this link to submit a request for curbside electronic pickup at the following applicable collection date LRSrecycles.com/household-hazardous-waste or call 844-NEED-LRS (844-633-3577).
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) & Electronic Waste (E-Waste) Collection
View Montgomery Program Details
When will the curbside Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection take place?
• LRS will offer HHW Home Collection annually in March, May, September, and November. Please request a collection online or by phone no later than the 20th of the month prior.
How do I submit a request for HHW Home Collection?
• Residents should submit requests online at LRSrecycles.com/household-hazardous-waste. In addition, customer service is available to assist with your home collection request by phone at 844-NEED-LRS (844-633-3577).
• Once you’ve completed your request, LRS will provide a confirmation number for your record.
• Our service provider will contact you by email or phone within five (5) days of the request, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. LRS will provide a collection date at that time.
Are there special requirements for preparing and placing HHW out for collection?
• Yes. When you submit your request, please review the How to Prepare HHW Items for Collection and Acceptable HHW and E-Waste Items section.
Is there a charge for this new service?
• No. There is no charge for this service. The collection is in the Village contract with LRS as long as it is during the designated collection period with advance notification to LRS.
Is there a weight limit or limit to the amount that residents can place for collection?
• Yes. There is a 70-pound weight limit per collection. Items exceeding the weight limit will be left behind.
How often may a request be submitted?
• Households paying a utility bill to the Village of Montgomery may request one HHW Home Collection per year.