Residential and commercial customers are billed on a bimonthly basis. Bills are due on the last business day of the billing month; a 10% late fee will be assessed if paid after that date.
Questions about your bill: Contact the Finance Department by emailing waterbilling or by calling (630) 896-1357.
Questions about water quality: Contact the Public Works Department at (630)896-9241.
Questions about your refuse and recycling services (or to report a missed pick-up): Contact Republic Services at (630) 892-9294.
Questions about Fox Metro (sewer) bill or balance: Contact Fox Metro at (630) 301-6881.
- Direct Debit (ACH): To register for the direct debit program please complete the direct debit application and mail it in with a voided check. The Village will automatically withdraw your bi-monthly utility bill from your checking account on the due date. Signing up for Direct Debit will ensure the timeliness of your payment and eliminate any late fees.
- Pay by Mail: Village of Montgomery, PO Box 786, DeKalb, IL 60115
- Pay by Phone: (877)885-7968, please note that a $2 convenience fee will be added to all credit/debit card payments. English or Spanish is available by phone.
- Pay or View Bills Online: Click on the E-Pay button on the lower right-hand side of the home page to:
- View your utility bill online
- View the amount you owe online or on the payment app
- Pay from your checking or savings account ($2.00 convenience fee is added)
- Pay by credit or debit card ($2.00 convenience fee is added)
- Pay immediately, schedule a payment or set up automatic recurring payments ($2.00 convenience fee is added to each payment)
- Print bills and receipts by going online
- Stop receiving paper bills; and receive an email each time a new bill is ready for viewing
- Pay in Person at local banks:
- Bank of Montgomery, 1333 Douglas Road, Montgomery IL 60538
- Old Second National Bank, 1200 Douglas Road, Oswego IL 60543
- First National Bank, 6602 Route 34 Oswego IL 60543
- Pay in Person at Village Hall
- Open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m
- Pay by cash, check, money order or credit/debit card. Please note that a $2 convenience fee will be added to all credit/debit card payments.
- Drop Box is located behind Village Hall, accessible 24 hours. Drop box is marked "WATER BILLS", located along the circle drive on the Main Street side of the Village Hall. Please do NOT place cash in the drop box.
Water Tap-on Fees
Before attaching to the public water mains of the Village for residential, commercial or industrial uses, tap-on fees must be paid by the owner or his agent according to the following schedule:
Diameter of Water
Service Pipe (inches)
1 1/2 $2,250
Taps for fire suppression systems will be half the regular tapping fee amount.