Police Officer Testing
The current Law Enforcement Eligibility Register expires on January 4, 2020.
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Montgomery is
now accepting applications for the position of:
Testing is being conducted to establish a new Eligibility List for anticipated hiring needs.
Starting Salary: $60,174.00
The Montgomery Police Department provides policing services to 20,000+ residents and businesses within the Village limits. The department strives hard each day to provide exceptional public service, demonstrate community pride, and maintain public safety throughout the community.
Their primary role is to enforce laws and prevent crime. The Montgomery Police Department strives to make Montgomery a community where residents can feel safe and enjoy a high quality of life. The Village of Montgomery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Patrol Officers are represented by a Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Metropolitan Alliance of Police - Chapter #333.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 6/5/19 – 2:00 PM
The application deadline is Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:00 PM
(this is not a postmark date)
All applications must be returned to the Office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Montgomery PD
200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must have valid driver’s license with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon hiring.
- Age Requirements: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date of filing applications (6/5/19). Applicants must be under the age of 35 on 6/5/19 and when the final eligibility list is posted, unless they have been certified and employed as a Full-Time Law Enforcement Officer for a municipality in the United States or are otherwise exempt by State Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1.
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character.
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process.
- Residency: Must reside within 20 miles of the Montgomery Police Department within one year after the probationary period is completed.
- Vision: Eyesight must be correctable to 20/20, normal peripheral vision, no impairment of color blindness.
- P.O.W.E.R. Card: All candidates must possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Card, issued between the dates of 01/01/19 and 06/22/19 from a certified testing agency (MUST provide a copy of card in their returned support packet material and bring card on the day of test).
- Work hours: Applicant must be able to regularly work twelve hour shifts with the possibility of working other hours/shifts as needed. Must also be able to work weekends and holidays.
Additional information will be provided in the application packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
Applications are NOT available at the Montgomery Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Orientation and Written Examination
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Registration starts at 8:00 AM
Orientation starts at 8:30 AM
Written Examination immediately following Orientation.
Lakewood Creek Elementary School
2301 Lakewood Creek Drive
Montgomery, IL 60538
Enter at Door #10 near playground
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of
the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Montgomery.